Some senior citizens come to a point in their life when they realize they may need help walking. Assistance can be due to old injuries flaring up, arthritis, hip problems, parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis and many other issues. While the realization that you need help to walk may be a difficult fact to accept, but there is a bright side to the situation. There are many benefits that wheelchairs provide to senior citizens.
- Mobility – Chances are over a span of years, your mobility has become increasingly affected and your activities have lessened, resulting in a lifestyle that is mainly spent indoors. Wheelchairs provide you freedom to move around as you wish. Most wheelchairs are designed to fit into small, tight spaces. This allows you to move within your home easily giving you a more comfortable and active lifestyle.
- Independence – You may have a difficult time walking and need to frequently lean on someone or hold onto their arm as they walk next to you. Feeling unbalanced when you walk is a common reason many seniors life a sedentary lifestyle. You may have fear to walk within your home while you are alone or have a fear of falling. This type of fear can cause you to become isolated from friends and family. A wheelchair is a great source of help, it will give you back your independence and free spirit to move around your home and the outdoors as you wish. You can begin enjoying your hobbies and many activities that you have given up.
- Comfort – Many wheelchairs provide support for your back and comfortable seating. You will be able to be seated comfortably with strong support that encourages good posture.
- Enjoy Activities – Enjoying the outdoors is usually the common activity new wheelchair users look forward to doing the most. You can enjoy picnics with friends at the park, explore park trails, bird watch, capture pictures of scenery and much more. You can go shopping at your favorite stores, dine at restaurants, travel, go to the movies, visit friends and family and much more. Wheelchairs provide the user with a more active lifestyle that usually results in a happier, healthier more positive outlook on life.
- Increased Socialization – When you have a wheelchair, you have a new sense of freedom that allows you to safely and comfortably enjoy life. Visiting friends and participating in social activities and clubs are all possible when you have a wheelchair. Seniors who have been otherwise isolated in their homes without a wheelchair, find that once they gain their mobility and confidence in using their wheelchair, they look forward to participating in activities and socializing more often.
Wheelchairs are highly beneficial to senior citizens because it provides you with great comfort, mobility, independence and freedom. You gain access to the lifestyle you have wished for. Many seniors look at having a wheelchair in a positive way, even considering it a friend. It is after all going to support you and be there with you on all of your daily activities and exciting adventures throughout your lifetime.
A fun way to make your wheelchair your own is to add colorful decorations or embellishments. You can hang small decorations from certain places, cover part of the arm rests with beautiful fabric and find many other ways to make your wheelchair your own and an extension of your own personal style.
Some fun benefits for using a wheelchair that some seniors enjoy include receiving discounts at certain venues, events and activities. Some movie theaters even offer a discount on your ticket. Amusement parks also allow wheelchair users to skip the long lines and offer other advantages while visiting their parks. If you are attending a special function, inquire before hand to see if there are any specials offered to wheelchair users. These are just some fun perks that some seniors will enjoy, especially now that you have gained your mobility and independence back with your new wheelchair.
All kidding aside, one of the best benefits wheelchairs provide to senior citizens is self confidence, self esteem, pride and independence. While these benefits are mostly emotional, it does affect the way you feel and the way you live your life. While once you may have been isolated in your home, away from friends and family and even scared to walk in your house alone, your wheelchair provides physical support as well as a boosted and more positive outlook on life.
Order the innovative Rolstoel today! This electric wheelchair weighs only 50 pounds, folds in seconds, comes with two Lithium-Ion batteries and two brushless DC motors. Those bulky heavy traditional wheelchairs do not even compare to our revolutionary design. Why wait any longer? Order yours today and regain your mobility. We offer Free Shipping and a 60 Day Money Back Guarantee.